Team KICK OFF

Good morning friends, I would like us to put emotions aside and discuss facts and reality. It's not about what is right or wrong but what is really happening out there.

Fact of the matter is that South Africa is slowly but surely pricing itself out of the market. It is becoming more and more expensive to run operations or invest in South Africa. The main culprit to this rise in cost is Human Resources Cost and this pushes investors out of the country. We are competing with countries that have less wage costs and less labour unrest, safe fate that happened in America is awaiting us, not unless something is done to avoid this.

Fact is South African labour is highly unskilled and this is working against us, in the market. We can never run away from the fact that South Africa is part of the Global Economy and whatever happens in the next country does affect us. Investors want as much profit as possible, this is not necessary right or fair but it is a fact.  These Investors find it very profitable to invest in China because of cheap labour and high productivity.

Now where does this leave South Africa, as we are really being eliminated as a competitor by other countries? How do we keep investor glued in our country with their Capital?

I have two solutions, but maybe you have more. I say we either reduce our wage costs or increase our Productivity.

Lets talk

Views: 1335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can, but you could also use google hehehehe. Don't have time for such menial things man, come on.

Okay thanks my outie.

Kali, i think Ntokzin's question was deeper than the literal interpretation you giving it. engage him and lets see where it takes us.

Hehehe, ai engage with him if you so with, but we can't define education in 2013. My view anyway.

infact it would've been nice to hear how Kali defined education on this topic of economy.

Hehehe, I would have gone to an encyclopaedia mfana, it's a hectic day and my mind is being pulled in too many directions. I'm being honest.

kwakwakwa..kwikwikwi  point taken boy and if you remember very well, when you started with education, i brought in the likes of Steve to try to understand where you coming from but we didn't finish it.

Hehehe, we will finish it mfana. Some people are using the phone to drive me crazy jerr

kwakwakwa...kwikwikwi  cool mfana

Sorry gents, though I've got a lot to say, I havent gotten much time to engage on this burning topic. But people must stop being defensive and go get that education. It's the cornerstone of this country's welfare, economic or otherwise.

It is key Thabang, make no mistake about that.

Thank you Thabang. Glad that finally, this principle is agreed on. Wonder and I did highlight this earlier though.

RSS

Advertising

© 2014   Created by Leo.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service