Team KICK OFF

Good morning friends, I would like us to put emotions aside and discuss facts and reality. It's not about what is right or wrong but what is really happening out there.

Fact of the matter is that South Africa is slowly but surely pricing itself out of the market. It is becoming more and more expensive to run operations or invest in South Africa. The main culprit to this rise in cost is Human Resources Cost and this pushes investors out of the country. We are competing with countries that have less wage costs and less labour unrest, safe fate that happened in America is awaiting us, not unless something is done to avoid this.

Fact is South African labour is highly unskilled and this is working against us, in the market. We can never run away from the fact that South Africa is part of the Global Economy and whatever happens in the next country does affect us. Investors want as much profit as possible, this is not necessary right or fair but it is a fact.  These Investors find it very profitable to invest in China because of cheap labour and high productivity.

Now where does this leave South Africa, as we are really being eliminated as a competitor by other countries? How do we keep investor glued in our country with their Capital?

I have two solutions, but maybe you have more. I say we either reduce our wage costs or increase our Productivity.

Lets talk

Views: 1335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see that most of it boils down to education but now can someone if any explain to me how the Nigeria situation unfolded?

They are the most educated on the continent, very rich in oil but I can't say the same about the economy

Corruption, corruption. They say the country is so corrupt people don't know where to report it to.

is it (corruption) not what kills our economy at the status quo mfana?

prtly it is mfana, (sorry wonder but I have to go there again), there are people in Government departments and parastatals who earn money they do not deserve. This again cripples our economy in terms of funding things like wage subsidies.

hahahahahahahahahahaha Kali eish that is very bad then and all those educated people are failing to come up with a solution or maybe it is the environment.

Thanks will research further on the Nigerian situation.

The cancer that is currently eating away our economy too. just this week i read about another scandaal of price fixing in the construction industry. economy is in the hands of the corupt and we want the corrupt in the state to deal with the corrupt in the private sector, it ain't gonna go to far.

The biggest problem is that people (no names mentioned) have divorced leadership from morality and ethical behaviour, this is theory and practice should go hand in hand. hence i say Zim style but better managed by people with upstanding morals and unflenching desire to do right or atleast appear to society as doing right.

Soze it is, that I agree on! Hehehehe Wonder, you are correct too, leadrship has been divorced from morality, sadly.

Honestly, no one said we don't need education, you can check all the comments. I wanted bloggers to elaborate on why they think education is the key to our economy. 

Education before anything else opens your mind that is from primary education and secondary but when you specialize now it gives you an edge over the one who just has the basics.

That's why i wanted Kali to respond to Ntokzin so as to get a clear picture of what we talking about. truth is, we do have educated idiots out there! 

hahahah done...hahahhaha

let me go eat before I sound like an educated idiot because of hunger...

Finish and klaar.

RSS

Advertising

© 2014   Created by Leo.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service