Team KICK OFF

As the Super Eagles soared again, I couldn't help but feel pity for the Burkinabe Stallions and the gallant war-torn Malians.

But the big question will be: The Super Eagles have always claimed that our victory on home soil in 1996 only happenned because they were not here for political reasons. Now they have come and proved they can do it with a side their coach considered to be in the building phase which certainly doesn't even begin to compare with their great side of the nineties! So, were they correct in claiming they would have easily beaten our best Bafana side ever?

I am a patriotic South African, but we will never hear the end of this from our Nigerian brothers and i wonder if we let the opportunity to silence them pass us here at home or whether we even really tried with a side our coach thinks played very well...

Views: 431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i guess we will never know but the fact that they are going to represent Africa in the Confederation Cup, we won't hear the end of it, nxx

Ja, Arthur, but then again Barker's side also went to represent the continent in Saudi Arabia in 1997 and returned without the coach...

Keshi took some gamble and it paid off..cocky and arrogant as he is now he has a silverware to back it off...

Great display, and yes they are loudmouths but at least they matched that with a trophy. In my view, no side would be better placed to represent the continent in Brazil. Well done Eagles!

Hehehe... Turns out Nigerian are our "noisy neighbours" yet they are so far from even being considered a neighbour... :)

Hayi suka... 1996 and 2013 is way different... those who say that bayagula... 

No, it took them 19 years to reclaim their crown!!!!!!

It's difficult to say whether or not they would have defended their trophy back then. Remember they had a very talented side, while our own BB class of '96 was also a quality side compared to the current crop. So nobody knows what would have happened had we met them.

The only thing I can say is congra. to them, I was one of the people who wasn't  convinced that  they can go all the way after watching thier unconvincing showing in the group phase, but as they say it's not how you start but how you finish the matters most 

Last night, some Naja dude had ballz to tell me "we won this cup in our second home country...there is many nigerians here, there's not football in South Africa. Nigeria is taking over South Africa, south africa is the capital of Nigeria". Although I had some nasty word to respond to this guy, I opted to reserve it.

Congrats to Nigeria.

Fans at time over celebrate but congrats to them

Loudmouths, but I think they will do well in the Confed Cup

personally, in 96 bafana were more hungry that any other nation, im my opinion Nigeria wud gave been knocked out by other countries before they even met SA...I mean the naija 94 class..was good....but bafana's class of 96 was too good....my thinking

congrats to nigeria

RSS

Advertising

© 2014   Created by Leo.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service